Ups:
- The missionaries are coming over to eat dinner with us tonight. I am looking forward to it because that means we get to eat yummy food. We are going to have Taco Soup tonight. Yummy.
-I put sorts on Maeve this week for the first time in a while. When I put them on the first day she looked at her shins and asked "wheres the other half?". I had to explain that thats just it. Its only half of her normal pants. She was a little confused about them. The next day she put on her shorts and said "oh! I like my tiny pants!". Apparently shorts are a strange thing to a 2 year old. But I don't blame her. I mean they are just tiny pants.
- So I did some more exploring of the town and found a fabric store. At first I thought it was closed down or I had the wrong address because it was pretty sketchy on the outside. I went inside and there was actually quite a large fabric selection. Now I am not sure how long that store has been there but I'm pretty sure if I wanted to I could find fabric that has been there for 20 years or so. Its like Freaky in there. It smells all musty and there was one of those flickering florescent lights in one of the back rooms. I don't know why my fabric store has to be so scary, but it does have some nice fabric and a decent selection so I shouldn't complain too much. I even bought some fabric there.When I got home I told Ari about my purchase and this is how the conversation went.
"So....I have sinned and I bought some fabric."
Pause. "Oh, how much was it?"
"6 Dollars"
"Pfffft. Thats nothing, I buy a sub from subway for that much. Its fine"
- I have been practicing with Manual mode on my Camera. I feel like photography is one of those things you just need to try and practice with. I have the basics down but now its just fine tuning things to get the best possible photo. Some of these photo's I am really proud of. Mostly in these photos I was trying to figure out Aperture then adjust the shutter speed. I think I have the ISO thing figured out. But yes, practice makes perfect. So here is some of my work this week.
-Well my talk went well. Its nice having something to prepare for and work towards. Goals that are made and then achieved are nice.
-I got a new Niece this week! Ari's sister had a little baby girl. She is so cute and its so crazy how little babies are. I mean Leon was that small at one point. Crazy. But Leon and little baby Avery will are only 5 months apart. They will have to be best buds.
Downs:
- Preparing for a talk and lesson is stressful stuff. I know deep down that things will be fine but I am still worried about it. (Note: It was fine. I did what I could and its over now)
- I want to make another quilt but they are so darn expensive to make. Also I don't have the equipment to do one myself. I need a rotary cutter, a mat, and one of those measuring thingys (technical terms I know). But then I can start making another one. Once I have some extra money.
- I have been doing my research on potty training. Maeve is so ready but I am just putting it off. So wish me luck because I think within the next month I am going to start.



No comments:
Post a Comment