Pages

September 17, 2014

Hump Day!

Hump Day. Yay.
Hello. My name is Derp. 
Ups:
- I went to the Farmers Market. After telling myself I will go ALL summer. I finally made it there. It was alot of fun. I was surprised with how big of a market it was. I didn't really know what to expect but I was nice to go and just wander around. I bought some carrots and a pie at the market. Maybe a little strange but they both we're so good. We ate the pie that evening when Ari woke up and I have been using the carrots for pretty much every meal so far. SO GOOD. But like I have said before, my life revolves around good food.
- My baby kicked Maeve and Maeve noticed. We were reading a bedtime story together and she was sitting in my lap. Halfway through the book my baby starts doing somersaults and wiggling all around. Maeve reacted by pushing back against my stomach and shifting to try and get comfortable. I don't blame her. I would do the same if my backrest starting kicking me.
- I went to our library song group for the first time in a few months. They took a month break and I just kinda forgot about it and haven't gone since. But yesterday we went and Maeve had alot of fun. Its nice to see Maeve interact with other kids and jump around and play. There isn't alot of signing that she does but she'll do some of the actions with us. Its nice for me to get out too and just hang out somewhere other than home.
- Goodness I am having a difficult time thinking about what I have done this week. My poor pregnancy brain is getting worse. But it will all be ok in the end. I will accept my dumb brain in exchange for a baby. Oh which reminds me. I am 29 weeks pregnant. Next week I will be 30 weeks which is 10 weeks away from my due date. Crazy right?! That also means Christmas is coming soon. Hmmm, holiday food. Awwww yeah....

Downs:
- I have thought about this a bit when writing these posts. I am no writer. I definitely don't feel like writing is one of my skill sets in life. But I just have to remind myself that this is more of an online journal more than anything. So I guess I am saying, that just forgive any spelling and/or grammar errors. I just am content with my writing now, and I am ok having some errors here and there. But if it drives you crazy then my apologies. It's not going to get any better then this.
- So I just have to make a few statements here. Expectant mothers/Moms are weird. Its been funny and entertaining to read some articles that are written for pregnant mothers. I'm pretty sure alot of them are TRYING to be helpful, but I'm pretty sure they just cause alot of paranoia for mothers. I am not very worried at all at this point. I think for the most part I just have to make my own decisions and go with my gut in regards to alot of things. For example. I was reading about what it safe and unsafe to eat during pregnancy because I forgot. Some of the things made sense and some of them were just ridiculous. For a while I just wanted a ham sandwich. So I looked it up and half were saying. DON"T YOU DARE EVEN THINK ABOUT EATING THAT SANDWICH YOU ARE GOING TO KILL YOU BABY AND GIVE IT BIRTH DEFECTS BLAH BLAH BLAH.... and half  were saying. You can eat it, but just be sure to cook it till it is steaming to kill off any bacteria. Also with Tuna sandwiches, because I just really wanted one. Again half of the post was saying, IF YOU EAT THAT TUNA YOUR CHILD IS GOING TO GROW A FIN AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A PREMATURE BIRTH AND YOU ARE SETTING YOUR CHILD UP FOR FAILURE ALL BASED ON THE FACT THAT YOU ATE THE DANG TUNA SANDWICH. YOU ARE AN UNFIT PARENT IF YOU EVEN CONSIDER THIS. (obviously I am exaggerating here... but not at the same time) and half of the people were saying, just be sure to only have one serving a week and don't eat it excessively. It was all just so funny to see the two types of people in this world. Another example is the whole vaccinate your kids thing. Its just so funny that mothers are so defensive, weird, and opinionated about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment