Pages

August 27, 2014

Hump Day!

Hello! I am back. I kinda forgot to blog the first week but then decided to make it a 2 week break from blogging or anything social media related. I mostly just forgot but then it was just nice to take a break from the internet world. It was very refreshing and nice. I need to remember to do that more. I was just feeling like things were getting too busy and hectic. But now I am back and ready to report!
 Before
After
Ups:
- I ended up going down to Whitefish last week. It was really nice and I know Maeve really enjoyed herself. I did a little shopping and Maeve did alot of rock throwing. The 2 days we spent at the lake she just threw rocks in and hasn't stopped talking about it since. Just today she told me "rocks a water? Member Mommy?" It was the best part of these last few weeks.
- I bought myself a new shower curtain and bath mat. I figured I could replace it because it has been 4 years. I love that it is purple and fluttery at the top. I wasn't sure if Ari would really love it but he said he really doesn't care that much. Its my house and as long as I am happy he is happy. It was the appropriate response.
- There was a mini family corn bust that happened out at my aunts in Redcliff. It was so delicious eating all the corn. I ate 3 cobs to myself, plus salads and such. (It was for the Baby ok.....) It made me think that I should freeze some corn for myself this winter. Fresh corn is just so much better than the canned stuff.
- Maeve has turned into an actual toddler. I feel like just overnight she has been talking to me and is just a little human. I can pretty much understand most of her babbling and its so funny listening to what must be going on in her head. She has started to say Please and Thank you and has just been an actual human being. Ari mentioned it as well so I know it wasn't just me that was feeling that way. I actually think I might start to potty train Maeve because she has just aged so much. But that will still be in a few weeks. I have to make the whole "going to the potty" thing sound exciting and fun. However I have convinced her that wearing big girl undies are cool. So she does like to hang out in those for an hour or so. It helps when they have kitties, flowers, and birds on them.
- I had something positive to write down. So I rushed to the computer to write it down. But of course when I sat down I have no idea what it was. I blame it on my Pregnant Brain. So just know that there was something great today, but now I forget.
- I bought myself some Taber corn. I am looking forward to eating it tonight.
- My life revolves around Maeve and Food. Ari is important too, but he is in between 2 jobs right now. He has been very busy but it also has been frustrating for him. Ari has picked a career field that takes a long time for anything to happen. Poilcing, corrections, parole, probation jobs etc. They all take forever for things to be processed and checked. Usually there are at least 2 interviews, a physical exam, maybe an eye and hearing test, Sometimes even a group interview. Its pretty intense and it just takes a long time for things to happen. So Ari is ready to go and get things started, but its all just a long waiting game. Thats why he has 2 jobs right now. He's very tired of waiting for things to happen. So that is why my life consists of eating and hanging out with Maeve. Its good-ish. But I hope things get started for Ari's sanity.

Down:
- I straight up just drooled on my self just now. This is the status of my life.
- I also had some roast beef smothered in mustard, then chased that all down with a vanilla coke. Healthy eating for the win!
- So I have just recently entered into the depressed part of Pregnancy. There is a nice little cycle that goes on. Happy/Excited--> Stressed/panicky--> Depressed. Then that cycle repeats itself. Well thats what I feel like at least. The happy stage is self explanatory. The Stressed stage is me thinking "oh man I am having a baby. I need to clean my entire house, eat right, exercise, do everything that I can while I still am able too, clean/ organize all the baby clothes for the 100th time, etc." Then when I realize I am human and incapable of doing everything I get depressed. This is when I will eat roast beef smothered in mustard for dinner, and drool all over myself and not even care that I haven't showered in a few days. I also start to question who decided it was alright for me to have a baby. Who made this decision? Who decided that this was going to be awesome? Oh right. That was me.  Then I snap out of it and just remind myself that I am just feeling big/gross/uncomfortable and it will all be ok in a few months when the baby comes. Then I am back to being excited. So thats how I am feeling. Just a little poopy. But it always is better when I go to my monthly checkup and hear the baby's heartbeat and such. And that will be next week. So hopefully it will be better then. Just being honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment