Last week was the Paterson Party! That is the name of our family reunion. It was a very big party indeed. We did alot so I will do my best to recap what happened. This post will be more of a journal entry because I want to make sure I recap everything so I don't forget. Just thought I should warn you.
We started off on Sunday going to church and having a nice time there. I was expecting Maeve to cry all during Nursery but she just said bye and left. Oh Yeah! I was worried because church is normally at 9am but this time it was at 1. It was extra nice because Oakley was sustained in church. So it was good to be there for him. After church we rushed out and took some family pictures. I feel like most of them turned out really good. For the last couple of months on and off I have been preparing a New York Trivia Game to play as a family. So that evening we ended up playing the game and I think it went pretty well. I didn't really feel 100% prepared but I think it was enjoyable at least. I'm glad I put it together to play. I like organized games.
Monday we went shooting. Almost everyone went and shot some Skeet's with shotguns and/or shot some gophers. We weren't really prepared in the fact that it was just warm enough to get a sunburn. I thought I got the best deal because being pregnant I didn't feel like sitting in the back of a rickety truck, so I sat in the cab. Good thing too because little did we know, everyone would get sunburnt. I felt bad because its no fun to get burnt and all the burns looked pretty red. I had a lot of fun though and got a few gophers. I didn't get any skeets though but I kinda hoped I would have. Oh well. After shooting everyone was pretty miserable from burning. But we couldn't rest because it was Vivians Birthday Party! It was a Cat Party. The best kind of parties by the way. We had a fun BBQ on the deck, Vivian had a not-so-newlywed game made, and then we had a dance party. The dance party was the best part of the day. Maeve talked about the "dance" for days and always requested that we go and dance on the deck. That night when I put her to bed she kept on whispering "dance.....dance....". It was pretty cute.
Tuesday we went out to Waterton. That was alot of fun. We went up to Cameron lake and most people rented little paddle boats to go on for an hour. I didn't go and I'm kinda glad I didn't because when everyone came back they were really tired. They said it was fun for the first bit but they wouldn't do it again. So if we ever go next time I now know to not rent a paddle boat. On our way back to the town site we saw a momma bear and her 3 baby cubs. I actually feel like that was one of the best parts about the whole trip. I have seen bears before but never little cubs. They were to fuzzy and cute. The whole way back to town after that Maeve kept on saying "cute" because thats all Vivian and I were saying when we saw them. Same with "mountians" but it sounded more like "Mont-nins". At the town site we ate our lunch and threw rocks in the lake. It was such a nice day out and the lake looked so beautiful.
Wednesday we went swimming. I waited a little too long to write this post so to be honest I don't remember much after this day. Maeve was not liking the whole swimming thing. But I am glad we still went.
The rest of the week was just spent shooting more gophers, playing zombiecide and laying on the couch dying. I now am very exhausted but am happy because the week was so great. The week was just very lovely.



No comments:
Post a Comment