Our Canada day was a bunch of fun. We went up to hike Wall Lake with my family. It was just the perfect temperature for hiking and the mosquitoes weren't too bad. It was a little hard on Ari because he had to carry Maeve the whole way in and basically out. Wall Lake is a nice hike because there isn't a lot of steep uphills. It took longer then we thought because little old me is pregnant and Ari had to adjust Maeve a few times. But that is ok. It made the hike do-able. When we got to the top it was very beautiful. I am afraid I didn't take very many pictures though but I assure you the view was wonderful. Overall the day was very nice but I was very pooped once the day was done. We did not go to any fireworks that evening but just went to sleep and died. (only a little)
Now it's on to Hump Day!
Ups:
- It is July! That is definitely an up. Its been so nice and warm and we all have just been loving the sun. Ari has had a little break in work waiting for a licence to come in, so he had a few days off this weekend. Its been very nice having him around and just spending time together as a family.
- So I bought some grapefruit body scrub this week. It has been so nice taking a shower in the evening and using my body scrub. Usually I feel like they are just "another" step but it just feels so nice when I do it. Especially when its been hot and it just feels so refreshing.
- Ari finally got his Licence yesterday! So he got all fitted in his uniform and he looks very sharp and authoritative in it. He is really excited to get back to work.
- I am about 19 weeks pregnant. I feel like I am still more like 14 weeks though. It just seems like things are moving so fast. Maybe because I am not counting down the days so much. With Maeve I was counting like everyday. Anyways I am feeling really good and happy, and the baby has been moving a bunch. My only negative so far is that I am craving everything that I am not allowed to eat. I really want 50 tuna sandwiches and a nice ham sandwich after that. So I just have to eat everything other then that. I am also very hot and sweaty all the time. Even when it is cool. But its all good, a baby will come out of all my sweating strange cravings.
Downs:
- Its so HOT! Even though we are in the basement we don't have air conditioning. So by the time it gets to 5 it is just as hot inside as it is outside most days. Its so gross.
- I am very hungry right now. Someone bring me that Tuna Sandwich....Actually don't because tomorrow I'll probably think that it would be super gross.
So we had a little experience this week. Maeve and Ari someitmes like to "jump" around. Maeve will bend her knees and jump. Then Ari will take her hands and pull her way up so the she jumps up high. One night they were jumping repeatedly and Maeve started to cry. She called for Mommy and I laid down with her and we just cuddled for a bit. When she stopped crying I would try and get her up and she would cry some more. Then i figured out that she wasn't moving her right arm at all. I am not too worried but I am concerned that she might have sprained her shoulder or something. So I tell Ari and he kinda has a little... ummmm.... well... freakout. I can tell the he feels terrible so I tell him I'll get some Tylenol and he can check her shoulder out. When I come back he is getting all panicky that he dislocated it, it doesn't look right, its bigger then the other etc.
Now this is the moment where I confess that I maybe am a bad mother. Honestly to me it didn't look swollen or bones popping out or anything so I really wasn't that worried. I figured she can have some Tylenol and we can wait and see if it swells, bruises etc. She would cry when we touched it but once she stopped crying she was her normal little self. She just wouldn't use her arm very much.
I then give Maeve some Tylenol and Ari is already going out the door to the Hospital. I'm thinking, "oh..ok.. I guess we are going to the hospital". I almost told Ari to just stay home and I'll take her. But I knew that he was in a bit of a panic so it was no use even suggesting it. Anyways we go to the hospital and wait 2 and a half hours or so then the doctor sees us. Maeve hasn't really moved her arm the whole time and he basically says "Oh this is really common in kids, its Nursemaids elbow". Because kids ligaments aren't as strong as adults they can slip and move easier. Basically a ligament had slipped and all he had to do was readjust it back into place. So he adjusts it and within a few minutes Maeve was playing with Ari's phone and using her arm normally. I am glad we went because after she was back to her happy little self. It was 9ish when we got back so it was pretty late for little Maeve. Anyways, this was definitely an experience but our mini crisis is over now and things are back to normal.



No comments:
Post a Comment