Pages

March 12, 2014

Hump day!

Hump Day! Its a week of stories. So snuggle up and get ready for story time.



Maeve is looks so old now. Its crazy.

Ups:
- One of Maeves favourite things is watching the Angry Birds Cartoons. But its only the 3. So I get to listen to the 3 cartoons over and over. All. Day. Long.
- So I did a test this weekend on Maeve. I was doing some reading on potty training and I wanted to see if Maeve actually had any understanding about using the bathroom. Basically I wanted know if she actually knew what she was doing, or if it was just a "natural thing" that just "happens". So after dinner I changed her diaper and just left it off. I knew she was going to take a bath that night so I figured tonight was an ok night for this test. Would she say "pee pee"? Or would she not care? Maybe not even notice what was happening? So I left her to play without a diaper on. I am on the computer and I half note that she is standing in her toy box just being silly. Then I hear Maeve screaming. I could tell that it was a "I am scared/hurt" scream so I ran over and picked her up. Of course I find out quickly that she had peed all over her toys and my arm got to be the "wipe". I just laugh. I mean I did want to know what she would do and now I know. Maeve was not very pleased about this "strange sensation" and I had a very difficult time putting her in the bath to clean her up. Luckily Ari was home so he saved Maeve while I cleaned up her toys. So, I found out that Maeve has no concept of going to the bathroom and we still have a long time before we get out of diapers.
- My new Youtube Banner is up! I was going just make a general outline, then I just did it. I am very proud of myself. Its nothing super fancy but its better then what I had before.
- This might be something that only happens in my house but I am going to say it anyways. By about 5 or 6 at night Maeve usually has no pants on. Most of the time they are just so gross and grimy that I just take them off. Usually after dinner she has all sorts of food smushed into her bottom. So off they go. I didn't really realize thats how it went. It was only when I went to take a few pictures for the blog I saw that she was always pants-less. I was too lazy to find another pair for her/ make her acceptable to photograph. So Pants-less she goes.
- Daylight Savings happened. This time change was good for our family. We all adjusted really well. Plus I like the extra hour of light.
- ALL MY KAMISAMA KISS FEELS... But seriously I just got up to date on the Manga and it is fabulous. My feels...My feels is strong for this one.

Downs:
- I bought some fake eyelashes only to find out that I am TERRIBLE at putting them on. The first eye was alright(ish). But the second eye I glued my eye shut. Then I tried to reapply them and got some glue in my eye. Ya.. that wasn't fun. But I am determined to wear them again. Hopefully next time will go better.
- Ari and I have been thinking about replacing the laptop. Its just getting old and slow. But that takes money. So we aren't too sure when and if that can happen. But its a nice thought as of now.
- This week I am pretty sure I fainted. Let me tell you about it. The night before Ari and I were watching Catching Fire with the lights out. Halfway during the movie I start to feel sick, like motion sickness sick. Its a really good show so I just thought I'll just take a tylenol and push through till the end. Well I didn't make it cause I had to go to bed because everything was spinning. Next morning I was in bed waiting for Maeve the alarm clock to wake me up. She usually calls me to get her up around 9 ish. I didn't hear her so I just fell back asleep. When I woke up it was 10 am! (shame on me I know) So I rush out of bed and go to her room. Just as I push the door open I had a funny sensation. I felt like I had fallen back asleep again. You know when you are kinda groggy in bed and have a hard time keeping your eyes open? Thats what it kinda felt like. When I came to my senses my first thought was "am I still asleep?". But as I started to see I am on my hands and knees. Then I realize that my head hurts because I hit my head on the wall.  So I peek into Maeves room and there she is with her little face peeking though the bars wide awake. She was looking very concerned about what just happened. Everything is fine now. I am pretty sure it was just because I hadn't regained my sense of balance, as well as just getting up way to fast. But that was an interesting experience.

1 comment:

  1. I love that first picture of Maeve! She has the funniest facial expressions.

    ReplyDelete