Pages

February 19, 2014

Hump Day!

Hump day, Hump day. Let me tell you about my Ups and Downs this week.

This picture was from Last Summer. I just found it and thought it was really funny. Maeve is 14 months.

Ups:
-I went with Maeve out to Cardston this week. Maeve and I went out early to hang out with everyone and Ari came later on (he had to work). It was nice relaxing and just visiting with everyone. I was getting kinda tired of being at home. Thats the problem with winter. You start to feel all cooped up inside after a while. So going to Cardston was a nice break.
- Watching the olympics this weekend was alot of fun. It really is amazing watching what all these athletes can do. All the athletes make things look so easy. It is awesome to think that our bodies can do things like that. Like Speed Skating is so fast, and all the athletes leg muscles are HUGE. I mean. Really big. Another sport that is amazing is the skeleton. That is truly crazy. They are going so fast, head first down this crazy track. Its amazing that they can even steer. If they crashed they would be dead instantly. They have a helmet but that is really not going to save you when you are going 80 miles an hour head first. Its amazing and crazy all at the same time.
- Maeve is just so chatty. All day its just talk, talk, talk. Mostly just blabbering but occasionally I will understand a word or two. Sometimes a phrase. My favourite word this week is Boat. Its more like "Boh-p...t". Then a very delayed T at the end. Its pretty cute.
- It was a Zombicide weekend. I was able to play it out in Cardston a few times and that was fun. I am grateful that other people are willing to play with Ari and I. I like playing it, but I know playing board games or zombie games isn't everyones favorite thing. So I am happy that there were people who play with me.
-I also got to play Munchkin with Kathryn, Emma, and Dad. I also ate some yummy doughnuts that they brought over. When Maeve woke up the next morning she was SO SO SO happy that there were doughnuts just for her. (They weren't really, I wanted to save them and eat them all to myself later but she saw them). So then I had to share a doughnut with her.

Downs:
- I always feel really bad when I see athletes crash. I was watching Aerials, and there were a few people that crashed. They have one shot to do it perfectly and when they fall it makes me sad. All that work to be at the Olympics to do your best and then you fall. So sad.
- I had to find a sub to play the piano for me in primary. I don't like doing that because its MY Calling. And its only the best calling ever.  I feel like everyone is always too happy to sub for me... Its MY CALLING... so... back off.  *Shifty Eyes* But I am happy that there are people able to sub for me when I need it.
- I had plans to make Orange rolls twice this week. The first time I realized I didn't have yeast. So I bought some but then procrastinated it to the next day. I didn't do them the next day because we left for Cardston. The Second time I tried to make them I don't have enough butter. I'll have to go today and buy some.  I really want some.

No comments:

Post a Comment