Pages

December 4, 2013

Hump Day!

Hello guys. So I actually think I combined the past 2 weeks into this blog post by accident. Hmmm. Oh well, here are the ups and downs of the week.




Ups:
- Ari and I did our Christmas shopping down in Great Falls. No, we didn't go on Black Friday but we still got some great deals. It was so nice to have day with just Ari and I. Even though Ari isn't the most pleasant shopper, we still had fun. I was surprised how easy it was to shop for Maeve. Pretty much any girly thing we got for Maeve. I had alot of fun shopping for clothes for her, and Ari had fun finding toys for her too.  So I have officially finished my Christmas shopping all before the month of December! That is the first time that has ever happened. I think we may do this every year, as long as our budget allows us too.
- Maeve went to Nursery for the first time this week. I was being a weird mommy and looking through the window every chance I could to make sure she was ok. In fact when I came to get her she just looked at me like "oh...hey" and went back to eating her snack. She was totally fine. I know Ari is happy about the whole situation more then I am. Ari was the one who had to watch her during church for the past 18 months. But she was great all nursery! Which was just nice for everyone.
- I did a new Fandom video. Those are always fun. http://youtu.be/savB1ANpzgk
- We put up our Christmas decorations! Well.... everything but the tree. Our tree is out in Cardston. We were going to get it but it got all blizzardy so obviously we didn't go out to get it. So hopefully this weekend? Maybe next? We are going out for sure on the 14th to visit, but thats way too long to wait for a tree. I am actually thinking of getting a real tree this year because I just want a tree up already.
- Our ward Christmas party is this saturday. Yummy. Bring on the Turkey dinner.
- I am only putting this as an up because sometimes having an excess amount of emotions is a good thing. I am so emotional lately. Maybe it was Maeve going to nursery that started it, or maybe its just that nice Christmas-y spirit that is about. But I am a big crying/happy/depressed/excited/sentimental mess. Like tears everyday guys. Mostly about nothing. I think last night I was crying because Maeve game me the sweetest look while I was making dinner. She gave me a sweet smile, not a cheesy fake one like she usually does (although I do like those cheesy smiles). It just made me so happy to be reminded that Maeve loves me.

Downs:
- There has been some crazy snow the past couple of days and I'm already done with it.
- So I have had a post in my drafts for about 2 months now. I really just need to finish writing it and put it up. I am also needing to take some photo's. My excuse is that its much easier taking pictures with Ari there but I never remember to ask him. Its getting to be a little silly really. It will only take me maybe 10 minutes to do.
 - Ari and I had one of our first child raising disagreements (but don't worry its all resolved now). Basically Ari has come to realize that he has indeed been spoiling Maeve. From the beginning Ari told me that he was going to spoil his little girl. However I don't think he realized that it might not always be a good thing to do that all the time. As long as daddy is involved she can get away with anything. But Maeve is starting to turn into a hitter. Whenever she does that I just take her hands and tell her that we don't hit and thats not nice and you could hurt someone, or something like that. When daddy is around he'll laugh and occasionally tell her to stop. So finally I had to tell Ari he actually has to start teaching her and scolding her. Up until this point I have done all that. So that was a bit of a discussion we had. Long story short, we both realize that Maeve is getting to be a big girl. She learns and listens to what we have to say now and we have to both be consistent in what we are telling her. But its all good now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment