Pages

November 27, 2013

Stella and Dot

I am going to skip my usual Hump Day post in exchange for this one. Its just all the exciting news I have really had this week.

My sister-in-law has started selling Stella and Dot Jewellery. So last month I hosted a Stella and Dot party to help her out as well as get some good stuff for myself. I really liked their jewellery before and I even had a few friends a while back selling it as well. But I could never justify myself buying anything.  It was either I didn't have the money, or I didn't know when I would wear it, or I didn't know what I would wear all this fancy jewellery with. But things just lined up that I felt like I could now justify myself investing in a few "forever" pieces of Jewellery.

The Party itself was really fun. I was a little nervous at first of who would show up, and if my place would be big enough to have everyone. It all worked out well though. I found out I did have friends and everyone who showed up bought something. I thought it was a pretty successful day.

However the whole point of this post is to tell you all that it has arrived!

The first piece of Jewellery I bought was the Renegade Cluster Bracelet in gold. I love this bracelet and I think its my favourite item in my jewellery collection now. Don't let the spikes fool you though. It looks like it would be painful but they all twist outward when you put them on so it doesn't ever poke you. My wrists are small so I never really buy bracelets. I was so happy when I put in on that it actually fit my wrist. Its nice and stretchy but it still feels solid enough that it won't snap. Not only that, it has some weight to it so I know that its the real deal. On the Stella and Dot site it says that its "White bronze or gold plated spikes and black diamond pave beads" and that its "lead and nickel free". But all their jewellery are. 


 The second item I got was this On the Mark necklace. Its so beautiful and delicate. I wanted it because I knew I would be able to wear this everyday. In fact since i've gotten my jewellery I have been wearing at least one of these items everyday. When i first got it I was skeptical that the arrow part might be flimsy and that it would maybe break. So to test it out I very gently tried to bend it (I have a toddler, I need to know these things ok). I will tell you that it is solid, you don't have to worry about that. I also love it because it also has a built in extender like most their pieces have. I can wear it long, medium, or short. In the picture I have it at the Middle clasp.

And the final piece was these Pyramid Studs. I actually looked online today for them but I couldn't find them. However they are great as well. I don't wear earrings very often because they irritate my ears. I can maybe get away with wearing them for the 3 hours of church but thats about it. I had these in all day and they didn't bother me. The note to self: sometimes spending money on earrings is actually better. So I guess no Walmart earrings for me anymore. Once again I just wear these as an everyday kinda thing just to fancy up my everyday outfits. I especially like them when my hair is up, that way you can actually see them. 


But really look at me being all fancy and stuff. If you are interested in doing some holiday shopping I can hook you up with my sister-in-law and she'll help you out. Any of their pieces would make a great gift. If you want go Check Stella and Dot out.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!!! I am glad that you are happy with your order. :)

    ReplyDelete