Pages

November 1, 2013

Our Halloween

Our Halloween started out pretty slow. Ari had a night shift the night before so as soon as he woke up we started carving our pumpkin.
As you can see Maeve was clearly interested in carving the pumpkin.
 I wanted our pumpkin carving to be a family activity so I made Maeve draw the face. As you can see it was a masterpiece. The only part we could really carve was the circle for a nose. So Maeve contributed to the nose. Ari did the eyes, and I did the mouth. (but I made Ari do the actual cutting)

The Finished product
We all dressed up for Halloween. (well Ari grudgingly did when I asked him nicely) Its hard to tell in the Picture but Maeve is Little Red Riding Hood. Ari is the Hunter, and I am the Big Bad Wolf in Granny's outfit. It was very windy so we had to all bundle up and brave the cold wind. We were only brave enough to go around our block. We were early birds Halloweening, because the only time we could all go out together was around 5:30. Plus by the time the sun goes down its time for Maeve to go to bed anyways. And lets be honest. Maeve isn't going to eat a bucket of candy to herself. We just went out to get the Halloween "experience".  Basically the Paterson Family= Party Poopers. 






















As soon as we got home Maeve dived right into the candy bucket. No surprises there.
I think next year will be much more exciting and hopefully not as cold. Overall though I am glad Maeve got to go out for even a little bit. I think she'll just understand whats going on next year. That will be much more fun. 

1 comment:

  1. hey, good for you guys for going!! you are NOT party poopers, you dressed up and everything! very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete