Pages

September 25, 2013

Hump Day!

Hump day! The day where we review the ups and downs of the weekend. Because lets be real here there are always ups and downs of a weekend.
This picture made my week that much better

Ups:
-The above picture. I got out the camera and said "Smile!" and this is the face Maeve gave me. Its so awesome when I am able to capture moments like this on camera. She is such a funny little girl.
-I had some Super Savings at Save on Foods. There was Kraft Dinner on for $.75 each. Which is sweet because Maeve and I really like Kraft Dinner. Also there was Laundry detergent for $7.99. Ari is kind of special and has to use Sunlight brand detergent or else he will get excema. So for our little family it was a sweet deal.
-Since Grapes are now on sale I gave Maeve a few green grapes to eat. She really likes them and every time I see her take a little bite of grape I just get warm fuzzies inside. Its just such a tiny little mouth eating a tiny little grape. Its always a very delicate matter and its a very serious business eating grapes. A minimum 3 little chomps per grape. Its the little things like that that I want to remember. So cute.
-So Ari called me during one of his night shifts this week. He called around 1:00am and I was still awake. (shame on me) For some reason at that time I was thinking "What if my brain got erased tonight and I didn't know who you were". I told Ari my thoughts and I could just picture the head shake he was giving me over the phone. It was a valid concern at that moment.  Moral of the story. 1:00am is too late for anyone to be awake. You end up thinking about strange things.

Downs:
-You ever have those weeks that are particularly draining? Well this weekend was one of them. I am not sure what is causing it really. Maybe hormomones, or stress, or diet. I don't really know. But I do feel a bit emotionally drained. I think I just need to "recharge my batteries" so to speak. Perhaps a nice long bath will do the trick.
- I've got the House Hunting itch. Similar to the baby itch but houses. I want our own house. But we are so far away from that point still. I mean we still have a bunch of student loans and we don't even know where we will end up living 2 years from now. Its all up to wherever Ari will get a job. So it was exciting thinking about it but its still such a long way off that it made me a little sad. One day I will have a house of my own.
- While filming my video last week I had some frustrations with it. I was having difficulties when filming just talking part. I kept on stumbling over my words and stuttering. I had to stop 2 times and just take a deep breath on camera. At one point i said  "you know what I have to just stop, I'll come back to that later." The only problem is, is that I didn't actually come back to it. So when I went to edit everything I had pick the best out of those bad takes. In the end I think it all worked out, however I was feeling a little self conscious about myself after editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment