Pages

September 30, 2013

Clinique Almost Lipstick and Instant lift for Brows Review

So apparently I am turning into a beauty guru. Haha thats a funny joke. However it seems like as of late I am buying alot of makeup. Ari, Maeve and I went up to Calgary for Ari's Doctors appointment and we ended up stopping at Chinook Mall on our way back home. I always love when Clinique has their bonus deal on so I just had to buy something. I have been wanting the Almost lipstick in Black Honey for a while now. I tried my moms for Thomas's wedding and I ended up really liking it. I also used the very last bit of the lipstick in the tube (sorry mom). So I bought my own because I loved it so much. 

It comes in a nice sleek tube. I remember when I first tried it on I thought for sure it wouldn't work for me because it is so dark. However, because it is "almost lipstick" it applies very sheer. I wouldn't really call it a stain, but more of a long lasting balm with color. It is a very smooth formula and almost feels like the lip balm Softlips. I really like the Black Honey shade because it looks very natural with my skin tone. It kind of melts into your skin so to speak. I like that.

I like wearing it for everyday, but if I layer the lipstick I could wear for on a night out. One of my favourite things about this particular shade is that I think its all age appropriate. I find that only young women can really pull of the super pinky/coral lipstick. This is defiantly not one of those shades. Its almost a "mature" color. A nice rasin color.
I also bought the Clinique Instant lift for brows. I was drawn to this eyebrow pencil because it comes with a highlighter on the other end. I have never used an eyebrow pencil before but I figured this would be a good place to start. The highlighter is a very shimmery pink. It is very convenient if you are someone like me and don't have any highlighters in your makeup drawer.

I know you may not be able to tell in the photo, but I could tell the difference looking in the mirror. My eyebrows are already dark but I just wanted to fill them in a bit to frame my face better. The product comes out angled so you can use the thin side to fill or use the thicker side. Overall I would recommend both of them, but because this is my first eyebrow pencil I have nothing to compare it to so keep that in mind.

Left: Highlighter    Middle: Brow pencil in Deep brown      Right: Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment