Pages

August 10, 2013

Shooting Gophers

Last weekend I was out in Cardston visiting some of Ari's Family. When we were out there we went out shooting gophers. It was nice because I was able to go without Maeve. I love her of course, but its just hard to go shooting with a little baby. The day started out rainy and gross but eventually it ended up being a lovely day. In fact, the day was quite picturesque. You could see Chief Mountain in the background and the nice green fields. It was lovely. We started up by setting out some targets and just sighting in the guns that we brought. 

You can see the tiny little target on the hay bale in the background

Once we were done that we moved onto shooting the gophers. I got one gopher. :) I am happy about that. I really enjoy gopher hunting because it reminds me of when we lived out in Beazer. Thomas and I would go with Dad and sit out of the trunk of the car and shoot gophers. Thomas always had the Automatic one so he would always shoot twice as many as I did but it was still fun. I had the one with the scope on it and I would always need Thomas or my dad to cock the gun because I was too weak to do it by myself. But I have some fun memories going out and shooting gophers so I am glad that I went last weekend.

When we were done shooting gophers we all had a chance to shoot Morley's SKS. It was a bunch of fun. I was expecting it to be a bigger recoil but it just recoiled up more than back into your shoulder.
Daley shooting




No comments:

Post a Comment