Pages

July 10, 2013

Hump Day!

Its Hump Day!



I am going to try and do an Ups and Downs sorta thing each Wednesday. You know like a hill? (Im so funny) We'll see how well it goes and how long it lasts but here are my ups and downs this week. 

Ups:
- I bought another shirt this week. This one has a smiley skull on it. Ari teases me because he says skulls aren'y supposed to be happy, But he said that the shirt looks good on me so thats a win for me!
- Maeve is in a "I need mommy at all times" phase. Which is very nice for cuddles, but also not very nice when I need a few minutes to myself. 
- I made a delicious meal this week This was the recipe. Spinach, Cherry tomato, Garlic pasta. I did make some changes though. I used some cream cheese to make it creamy instead of parmesan cheese, and added some cooked chicken to make it more hearty. I also only used the olive oil to cook the chicken in. I did not drizzle it overtop. It was delicious.
- I started reading the novel The Help by Kathryn Stockett. So far so good. Its a nice thought provoking novel with some very nice characters. So far I would recommend it. 
- I officially stopped nursing this week (TMI?) Its been nice to know that my body is now mine and I don't have to share it with Maeve anymore. However, that point also brings me to a down of the week. 

Downs:
- Oh the Hormones! Weaning Maeve has lead me to another roller coaster of hormones. Today, I came home from the grocery store grumpy because of a detour I had to take. Ari Asked me what's wrong and I told him about my lame detour and Maeve being a little grumpy because she was tired. When I put Maeve down for a nap I came out all giddy and laughing. Apparently I was giggling to myself cause Ari asked me what's so funny. I just looked at him then started to cry because my hormones are making me do weird things. Like giggle for no apparent reason. 
-Ari has been sick these past few days which is no fun for everyone. He's just been laying in bed trying to get better. Sad face for Ari. 

1 comment: