Pages

July 15, 2013

Christmas in July

Well well well. Hello! So far summer has been fairly uneventful other then yesterday. Yesterday felt like the kick off to my summer. Yay!

For those who may not have known my Grandma and Grandpa went to China for a year teaching english to university students. A few weeks ago they got home from their adventures. For a welcome party we had a yummy BBQ and almost everyone was there except for 2 people. It was a bunch of fun. We sat outside and stuffed ourselves with delicious food. There were alot of mosquitos  but inside the house is getting a little small to hold everyone. Maeve was a little timid around everyone but Ari and I had a great time. One of the things my Grandparents did was have a "birthday party" for everyone or have "Christmas in July". Basically they had a table full of Jewlery, belts, mirrors, pencils, stuffed pandas, and all sorts of other stuff. Grandpa drew names and we all got to pick something from the table for our "birthday". Ari picked a belt thats kinda funky but way to big unfortunately. I just have to find a leather punch and punch some holes in so he can wear it. 

I got this owl necklace because I thought it was so cute and funny. Plus I don't own alot of gold jewellery, so i figured this would be my starter. My name was called again for a second pick but I was inside going something so Ari picked the pearl necklace for me. It was actually my mom that told Ari he should pick the necklace because they are real pearls. They are all irregular but they are very pretty and nice, and I am glad he picked them for me. 


This mirror was Maeves pick. Its her vanity mirror. I figure one day she might be into The Little Mermaid so she will already have a mirror to comb her hair with her Dinglehopper. Im thinking for the future. 

In reality I liked the mirror and I'll probably put it up on display until Maeve wants it. Or maybe I'll just keep it for myself. There were no "baby" things so I figure this would have to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment