Pages

October 24, 2012

The best stories are always the embarrassing ones...

....They really are. So I took Maeve to get her 4 month shots at the beginning of this month. Her 2 month shots went well and she only cried a bit and had a little bit of a fever last time. So I was expecting it to be about the same this time. I got to the health centre and the nurse asked me if I would like to get my flu shot as well.

Now you should all know I do not do well with shots. I remember in grade 5 or 6 when you get shots in school for hepatitis I pretty well begged my mom to take me into the health center to get them done because I didn't want to cry like a baby in front of my whole class. 

So when the nurse asked me, I knew that I didn't want to get it ever. But Maeve being a little baby and Ari prone to sickness I said yes. As the nurse is getting all the needles ready, one for me and three for Maeve, I start to think that it was probably not a good thing that I ate a big breakfast. She gives me my shot and I then remember how much shots are gross. I feel like... Ew. Gross. Sick. My arm is dead. I have lost all use of my arm. They are going to have to amputate. I am going to be the one person who dies from a flu shot. So once that is all done the nurse gets me to hold Maeve with my dead arm and starts to give her, her first shot. Meanwhile I am feeling kinda tipsy.  Second shot goes in Maeve starts to cry and I am really not feeling good. I flip her to the other side and the last shot goes in and I really need to lie down. So I tell the nurse that I need to lie down and she scooped up Maeve so fast and down I go. I'm pretty sure she called in another nurse to get a juice box for me and another to hold Maeve. Im lying on the ground feeling all sick and woozy for a while, and poor Maeve was crying the whole time. I don't blame her I would want my mom to hold me not some strangers especially when    her poor little legs were sore. 

Eventually I am able to sit up and I have to call Ari to come and drive me home. But really, talk about embarrassing. I am pretty sure that it was a mix of me getting a shot and seeing Maeve get hers that made me feel faint. And just now I am feeling like I can really share this to the world. But hey, It makes a good story right? 

On another note Maeve is going where no Maeve has gone before. (But really this is her first time being out in the snow)


No comments:

Post a Comment