Pages

July 3, 2015

Hump Day! And Canada Day!




 Yay for my crappy phone pictures
Its so hot!

Ups:
- I was so bad and didn't take any pictures of Canada Day. Thats why I delayed this post in the first place. Oh well. Anyways that Canada Day afternoon Peace River had a party in the park. It was pretty busy there. There was live music, free cake, some face painting, crafts and a caricature artist. I am sad to say that I was a little disappointed. There was a line up just to do a craft, and everything else. Some people we knew said that their kids were waiting an hour for there faces to be painted. I maybe wouldn't have minded but it was 32 degrees outside and very little shade. Plus I had Leon and it was during nap time blah blah blah. Anyways we ate some free cake, left, then we bought ourselves some ice cream and enjoyed that instead. It was WAY more fun.
- We had a little BBQ with come of Ari's Co-worker friends. It was really nice. We ate some Shish kebabs and visited. We even played a game of Zombicide. It was just the right amount of time spent visiting and eating. Its so nice when those things work out.
- Fireworks here in Peace River were on the 30th instead of the 1st. So we were all prepared to see the fireworks but it started to thunder around 11pm. So sadly they were cancelled. However they were rescheduled for July 1st so we will go out and see them tonight instead.
- I put up two youtube video's in the last 2 weeks. I am not sure what came over me. I apparently felt very productive.
- We set up our Air mattress downstairs in the Basement so we have something to sit/lay on in the evening when it is blistering hot. We don't have any air conditioning but it is nice to be in the basement and cool down even for just a bit.
- I was invited to go visit and investigator with the missionaries. But sadly the lady cancelled. Part of me was sad because it would have been nice to help the missionaries out. But the other part of me was so relieved that I didn't have to interact with anyone.
- We have gone to the spray park a couple of times within the last week. Its been nice.

Downs:
-It has been so hot I am melting! SO SO SO HOT!
- I taught a Relief Society lesson and I am a little dissapointed how it turned out. It was my own preparation that was the problem so I can't complain much. I have learned my lesson. Always plan to have extra things to talk about or discuss instead of preparing it like a talk. Whoopsy. But to be fair this was my second time teaching a Relief Society lesson ever.
- I burned my arm! Its not a very exciting story. I was making some Cream of Wheat for breakfast and it splattered on my arm. It actually really hurt. When I went to look at it I could see right away that it had melted a little part of my arm. Later on I realized it had blistered and now it just hurts and looks really gross. Hopefully it will get better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment