Pages

January 31, 2015

Hump Day!

Alright I know I took a few month off of blogging but I am ready to get back into things. I don't know if I'll go back and recap these last few months because it will just be too much work. I'll do Leon's birth story of course. But I think I'll just start blogging what I did this past week (or so). So here we go!




Ups:
- Have you heard the good news? Ari is going to be a Court Sheriff now! He got a posting up in Peace River. Just yesterday he left for his 10 week training program up in Edmonton. Yes it is going to be long, but it will all be great in the end. I know he will enjoy it because he is working towards his career but I will miss him alot. The kids and myself will be in Cardston saving some money and preparing for the big move. I'm a little worried about moving but I know once we make it there things will be better. Moving is just so dang stressful. I am excited for his exciting new chapter in our lives.
- Its strange saying "the kids". Its crazy that I have 2 kids. 2 kids! That is just crazy.
- Maeve likes to eat her apples with corn on the cob skewers. That way she is eating an apple like a big girl but isnt getting her hands all sticky. She is funny about having her hands and face nice and clean.
-Speakig of Maeve. I was looking at her today while she was chatting about something and she just looked so big. Her face is a childs face not a baby's face. Her eyes are bigger and her cheeks are less full. Her hair is so much longer and she was talking to me. Talking! It was strange because I still think of her as my baby. She is my baby! I think i just understood what people say about kids growing up fast. I'll be honest, maybe its because I am in the newborn baby phase now but I never did like that stage. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Once Maeve got past a year things started to get more enjoyable. But I now have those same thoughts about 2 year olds. Its fun and all but I can't wait till she is a little bit older and has less 2 year old sass. I'll be regreting saying that later probably.
- Oh Leon. He is a chunky little boy. He is also so much easier than Maeve was. I don't know if that was just because Maeve was my first so I had no idea what I was doing and this time around I know what I'm doing. Either way he is just so content and low maintenance. He likes to be held but is ok to just kick around on the floor. Its so nice. Sometimes though I feel like I am neglecting him because he just doesn't need me as much as Maeve did. I just have to remind myself that its ok for him so just hang out by himself for a bit.
- I am all moved into Cardston. We are kinda just camping but it will be nice to just be around family and visit. I am actually almost done unpacking.
- That above picture of Maeve and Leon makes me cry. As soon as I put them side by side I started crying like a baby. Maeve even asked me "whats wrong Mommy?". YOU ARE SO BIG THATS WHAT. Your not a baby anymore, and I love my little family.

Downs:
- Maeve is a sassy pants. She always "shushes" me. I'll ask her to do something and she will put her fingers to her lips and say "Shhhhh!". Or if she is close to me she will just put her hand over my mouth to make me stop talking and say "No mommy". We have to work on her attitude. Whenever she does that it always ends up in tears, because I give her the Mom look. The look that says "I am not impressed/smarten up". I have mastered the Mom face.
-My life is being consumed by Dragon Age Inquisition. I am embarrassed to admit how many hours I have played so far. I always almost sacrifice my sleep at night to play a few hours of Dragon Age. Its real bad guys. Send help. But don't. Maybe not? I'll admit to my Dragon Age problem in a few weeks if I have not improved.
- I think there is something wrong with me. There are alot of social media sites. But I have to admit that I am actually really enjoying using Google Plus. Yes I know what is wrong with me. It took me a while but I enjoy using it. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment