So. I have a family hymn book which is one of my favourite books/song books I own. It is called The LDS Family Hymn book Illustrated Edition. It is really great because it has about 100 ish hymns with the song, words, pictures, and a short background of the particular song. I like it because its very nice to play some hymns after church and just look at the pictures and read a bit about particular songs.
So, I was playing this afternoon and I found the most amazing picture I have seen in a long time. For some reason it really was a beautiful picture to me, and maybe it was the accompanying song that made it so beautiful. The song was Battle Hymn of the Republic and in the short description it said it was "written by Julia Ward Howe as a battle hymn for the union troops during the civil war, it has taken on greater meaning to a number of groups throughout the last century and a half. It was included in our Hymnbook because for Latter-day Saints, the final verse gives an exhilarating prediction of the Savior's Second coming and millennial reign."
And the Lyrics are:
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored,
He has loosed the fateful lightening of His terrible swift sword
His truth is marching on.
CHORUS:
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.
He has sounded form the trumpet that shall never call retreat
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.
CHORUS
ln the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.
CHORUS
The picture is on this site and is painted by Jon McNaughton. I would Highly recommend that you click on the Image to enlarge as it has some more description about the painting. It was just a very beautiful painting and Ari liked it because of the references to all the soldiers and warriors of the ages. I liked it because that is how it is probably going to be during the second coming.
Anyways that was my excitement and I hope you like the painting.



No comments:
Post a Comment