Pages

December 16, 2011

Spoiler this is a sad blog today.

Many Lethbridge people probably know about the 4 shootings that happened on Wednesday night I believe. If not heres the link. http://www.globallethbridge.com/grief+shock+felt+across+canada+following+murder-suicide+in+southern+alberta/6442543893/story.html. Thing is; is that I actually knew a few of them which makes it that much more crazy to me.

I feel like this is maybe the more appropriate place to talk about and state my opinion on the events, rather than facebook.

I knew Derek well, we we're in school together and graduated the same year. Yeah we weren't best friend or maybe even real "friends" but I knew him as a very well aquantiance. We went on a few dates in high school and they we're really fun dates. He treated me very kindly and he was a gentleman. He struck me as the person if you were friends with him he was your true friend for life. Which makes all this even more crazy. This year has been crazy for deaths in southern alberta, the car crash in Magrath with the four teens, and in Cardston the boy committing suicide, now this. It just really puts life into perspective and it makes me even more sad to know someone I knew was in such a sad place. It also puts the gospel into perspective and really helps me understand how things are going to be for him and his family. It also makes me remember that everyone is loved by our heavenly father, I know he loved Derek as well as all the others who passed away or were injured.

Long story short I really feel for the Jensen family and all the other families that have been affected. I will always remember DJ as the kind and caring person he was. In reality its not my place to judge the actions and events that have happened. So, really all we can do/should do is hold on to the memories we have of those people and really remember how unpredictable life is and live life the best we can at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment