Pages

September 21, 2012

On motherhood

Just to begin I want to just share my thoughts so far on being a mommy. This is not everyday or even how I feel all the time. Just my thoughts as of now.

So, Sometimes I see peoples statuses on Facebook talking about their children. (I like those ones) Most of them are funny but there are some that make me feel like smacking someone haha.  For example "_____ slept all night :)". Now I know that Maeve will eventually get there and when she gets older and some things will get better like her sleeping all night. But oh man. Sometimes I just want to smack whoever wrote it thinking "how come Maeve doesn't/does that?" I get started on thinking about "I wish" statements. So here are my I wish statements.

I wish Maeve would sleep all night
I wish Maeve wasn't so gosh darn crabby at night
I wish Maeve would just laugh at me already
I wish Maeve's teeth weren't feeling so sore
I wish Maeve would just grow up already
I wish Maeve would never grow up
I wish Maeve would sleep in her crib

There are more but I just can't think of them. But I mean in reality as long as she is alive and happy then I am happy, and that makes me a good mommy.

And don't misinterpret what I am saying. I love being a mommy, but it's hard work and I will always have worries that I am doing some thing wrong. But I know its those worries that will make sure Maeve is raised right :)

 On another note yesterday and today Ari has been installing his stereo in his car. With his birthday money he bought a new amp for is subs. I still have to be educated on car stereos but he is excited so that means I am too.
Too bad our car looks like a wrecker now

Working so hard

Maeve and I got some sun



1 comment:

  1. she honestly has the cutest chubby cheeks!!
    some days with babies seem long, but time goes fast enough! enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete